This Lemon Garlic Hummus recipe is a really simple variation on basic hummus. I like the tart brightness of the lemon against the garlic in this spread. I like to serve it with whole wheat pita and carrots because the slight sweetness in both the pita and the carrots pairs really well with the tartness of the hummus.
Lemon Garlic Hummus Recipe
- 15 ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- 4-5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons natural almond butter stirred
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Add chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, and almond butter to a food processor or blender.
Pulse until combined.
Continue to puree hummus while streaming in olive oil.
Taste, and season with salt and pepper.
I like to serve this with carrots and whole wheat pitas.
Adapted from Oh She Glows.